Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

my hair is medium length, kinda wavy, and it's got volume. i straighten it in the morning and it's out of shape, all wavy in a few hours. i know there's ways to make it stay. but i really don't know what or how. i'm hoping some of you will recomments something that will work. (does anyone else have this problem, anyways?) preferrably something that won't damage my hair so much. althought at this point i don't care as long as it doesn't make my hair fall out and it's able to maintain it straight for a longer period of time.



please, i'll appreciate it =]



Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

I have the same kind of hair and I recently discovered that spraying on some anti-static spray (the kind they sell for laundry) helps a lot. Use it in addition to whatever straightening product you usually use.



Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

Try using a Frizz/straigtening serum. They work great, especialy with a flat iron! BTW, they are clear, and Sally's carries tons of them. Good Luck!



Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

There are products called anti-humectants that work for some wavy haired people. I have tried everything, and nothing will work if it is wet out, but there are many that work in dry weather.



If anti-humectants don't work, you could try a mud, but it leaves your heir feeling sticky.



The best products that I have used are the ones by Aveda.



Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

So far all the above %26amp; the lady below me are only temporary fixes. The following is permanent; Some use a perm to straighten it, but the "white folks" (I'm white) perm does nothing for me so I use a "black folks" relaxer (that's what it's called-A Relaxer) with lye in it. Be careful though, but it will KEEP it straight. let some one else do it for u. You/them will b able to tell when it is straight. If u want to do this as I suggested, ask a few of your black friends. Ask them what brand they like %26amp; where they bought it, what worked %26amp; what didn't, Etc.



PS Keep in mind that if you keep it in long enough this will make your hair stringy straight %26amp; the volume won't be there either.



Hope this helps



Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

Well, it depends really, hun. It could be one of two things that you need to change. 1) It could be that your hair straightener's plates are burning out, or they are not heating correctly or 2) It could be the lack of the right kind of hair product or the lack of hair product at all. I have medium length hair myself and it is also wavy. I usually use Aussie volumizing mousse while it's still wet. I let my hair air-dry on it's own and slick it back. This way when it dries it will dry relatively straight on it's own. Then I use Treseme Heat Styling Spray and run a towel over my hair to soak up the excess spray. Then I use a Revlon Solid Ceramic hair straightener, separating my hair in layers and go in 2 inch intervals through my hair until it is straight. When I am done, I use Treseme's Anti-Frizz Treatment and a light spritz of extra hold hairspray, brushing my fingers through it at the end. Hope some of that was helpful!



Is there a product for my hair to stay straight longer when i straighten it?

gel or hairspray

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter