Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

I really want to become an expert at caring for my hair. I am seeing a stylist, but I really want to cut her loose. She is loud, gossipy and often says things that are inappropriate. However, I feel obligated to go to her because she has given me a certain cut, that only she would know how to maintain.



Also, she keep recommending products for me to buy that do nothing for my hair. She accuses me of using heat in my hair everyday, which I don't. I only use heat when I wash my hair (1x a week). Then she keeps whining that if I saw her every 2 weeks, my hair would look better. I'm sorry, I do not have that type of money.



I am really tired of her and all I want to do is find some great products that will improve the condition of my hair while I am looking for a new stylist.



Please help me!



How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

My stylist does the same thing- accuses me of using a straightener every day, soo annoying.



Do you deep condition? I really don't know what to tell you :( sorry but good luck!



How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

What you do is go to a beauty supply store. You get an ion condidtioning packet and apply it to wet hair. Leave it in for a few and then blow dry your hair. Hope I Could Help!



How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

Use a cholesterol treatment on your hair. This provides the nutrients that your hair looses when you use chemicals. It also moisturizes your scalp and hair. Also get a good conditioner to use every time you shampoo. If your hair is in really bad shape, you can choose a leave in conditioner. If you are not satisfied with your girl, let her go. I am sure you can find someone even better to take care of your hair. Good luck!!



How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

Do you moisturize your hair? If not, you should try the Olive Oil brand hair lotion or their hair moisturizer/hair leave-in conditioner. You want to put a little bit on everyday to keep your hair soft.



How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

i had a stylist just like that my stylist used to complain about how dry my hair was, and how brittle it was all the time. i stopped going there. i wasn't paying her to complain.



you should also find another stylist to do your hair



limit the amount of relaxers you get done. take better care of your hair. i recommend the organic root stimulator line especially the olive oil lotion, hair mayonaise, and the repleninshing pack. they make my hair really soft and helathy looking.



http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/



also go to this website they talk about all kinds of black hair issues.



http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/



hope this helps.



How do I maintain my brittle, dry, relaxed hair in between salon visits? (I am african-american)?

In between your salon visits, there are several things you can do to improve your hair and keep it healthy.



1. Make sure to deep condition at least every other week. You can also deep condition weekly alternating with a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment and a protein conditioning treatment (always follow up the protein treatment with a moisturizing conditioner).



2. Try to avoid heat as much as you can. You say that you use heat once a week. In what capacity? Is it just blow-drying or flat ironing or both? You can learn how to do roller sets which are a really healthy option for relaxed hair. You can also do other heat-free styles such as braid outs in which you braid your hair while it's wet and then take it down when it's dry for a nice wavy look. You can also just wash your hair and wear it in a bun for a few days. Develop various heat-free styles to eliminate some of the heat on your hair. Go for using heat maybe every two weeks.



3. Make sure you're keeping your ends trimmed. So if you're going to the salon every 2 months, get your ends trimmed then. Or learn to trim your own hair. You said you have a certain style that only your stylist can maintain. Not sure if you're planning to grow that out or not but it's difficult to do your own hair if it's in a difficult style. So, you'll have to decide if you want to grow it out.



4. Make sure you're using good products for your hair. Are you paying attention to how your hair feels when you do your own hair? Are you using good shampoos, conditioners, and styling products? Keracare has a great line for relaxed hair (as well as natural hair).



5. Take good care of your hair at night by keeping it covered with a satin scarf and moisturizing your ends every single night. This will help keep your hair from getting tangled and getting dry leading to split ends.



6. Watch your hair when you're outside. Pin it up if it's windy so the wind won't dry it out. Keep it off your wool fabrics in the winter.



7. Make sure you're using the right tools on your hair. Use seamless combs like bone combs which you can find online. Sally Beauty Supply also has some bone combs. Only use a soft brush like a boar's bristle brush or even a baby brush. (Never brush your hair while it's wet.) Use an ionic blow dryer and a ceramic flat iron or curling iron for heat styling.



I hope these help! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter