Thursday, November 26, 2009

Loosening tightly curled hair?!?

I stopped getting my hair chemically straightened about a year ago. It was permanently straightened for 10 years. I had my hair's care down to a science. It was very long and looked great.



A year ago, I lopped it all off in order to grow it out naturally. Since then it's grown about 6 inches, and I don't have a real problem with dryness. However, My natural hair is VERY TIGHTLY CURLED. It looked nice when it was cut short, but now that it is longer it get LOTS of mats and tangles, frizz, yuck!



I want to keep the curliness and the length, but how can I make the curls bigger and the hair not so tight? I don't want to resort to permanent chemical straighteners again.



I need products and methods that are very effective.



Help :(



Loosening tightly curled hair?!?

Try going to naturallycurly.com and exploring the site. It's huge and they have tons of info. Especially look for the board on "transitioning" (from relaxed to natural). The boards are under "curlmunity"; I think it's near the top of the home page. Good Luck! I just love this site!



Loosening tightly curled hair?!?

look for relaxers, i know bedhead sells straightening and frizz taming products. you can get them at like all the hair salons and in some stores too. bedhead has a specific product called control freak that doesn't put chemicals in your hair or mess it up. don't do any more chemicals or anything on it because that is part of the frizz and don't use like flating irons or curling irons or anyhting cause that will make it worse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter