Thursday, November 26, 2009

Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

i flatiron my hair regularly at home with "ghd" and take real good care of my locks... i use fab products etc... my hair is my crown... So i had my hair trimmed slightly(or that was the request!) at a new stylist today, and he actually flatironed my hair whilst damp!! i had a heart attack in the salon!



how bad is it for my hair to still be damp when ironed???



and what do i do to any damage?



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

I don't actually use a flat iron but my daughter does. She says that it is actually better to have damp hair while straightening. The flat iron is like 20 times hotter than a regular curling iron, hence possible burning dry hair at a faster rate. I'm sure your stylist knows what he is doing. After all, he wants you to return right? Beside, your trying to create a steaming effect.



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

It burns your hair!!!!



Wait until it's dry..



Or your hair will look dry and puffy and frizzy...and even then dont do it on a regular basis or the same thing will happen..not as bad..but it still will.



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

I don't know if there will be any damage,,,for years I used to iron my hair while it was wet ,, I have no damage.



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

Dont worry.. its a one time thing.. damn hairdressers.. it wont damage..cause its not like u'll do that again.. just take care of it like usual.. but continuos flat ironing on damp hair will definetly..destroy ur hair and u'll have alot of split ends..



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

It spilts your ends and fries you hair, I asked my lady that does my hair, I used to do that and thats what she told me.



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

it will singe ur hair



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

Can't imagine the process didn't STEAM-BURN You right out of the Chair...Probably no Damage this time ...damp was a good thing for this kind of PRO. ? ? Condition w/Protein first %26amp; then a Moisturizer...



Don't be afraid to ASK questions, Agree, Dis-Agree and even LEAVE if you are UNCOMFORTABLE...Your Head,Your Hair and Your MONEY.....



Flat-iron on damp hair!! what does it do to your hair????

idk..if he used a water resistant flat iron..it mightve not done too much damage..cuz there are irons out there that can str8 wet hair..however, its def not recommended...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter