Thursday, November 26, 2009

Any tips on maintaining black women's hair while exercising daily?

I use a mild relaxer on my hair every 6-8 weeks. I usually wash my hair and deep condition it once a week with Kera Care products and roller set/wrap it.



I just started running every morning and evening and want to know of any tips to keep my hair healthy. How often can I wash it in one week without damaging my hair? Is there anyway to avoid completely sweating my wrap out?



Any tips on maintaining black women's hair while exercising daily?

go to healthytextures.com and ask the woman there u are goin to know what i'm talking bout she got videos that talks about hair she works out alot too so she shows how to main tain it hope i help



Any tips on maintaining black women's hair while exercising daily?

i exercise almost daily. you can always wrap a scarf around your hair that way it will soak up at least some of the sweat and still encourage the wrap not to come undone



Any tips on maintaining black women's hair while exercising daily?

Right now we are in the exact same situation. In the past, I have either pulled my hair into a high ponytail, or wrapped it and covered it with a scarf. In either situation, you must wait until your hair is COMPLETELY DRY before attempting to comb it, wrap it, etc. I would suggest you still keep washing it once a week. If you want to wash your hair more than once a week, that's fine as long as you shampoo gently and condition each time. If you are washing just to re-create the style, you may be able to use heated rollers during the week between washings. They are more gentle on you hair than curling irons, and give curl and body without having to do a roller set (which means forever under the dryer).



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter